Full Time Bank Teller
- Greets and assists each customer in a friendly and courteous manner; treats each customer as an individual; being alert, well-informed,and as accurate in transactions as possible.
- Serves customers at an assigned teller station by processing a variety of transactions quickly and accurately, including, but not limited to, the following: deposit transactions, cashes checks and processes withdrawal transactions, ensuring proper identification is obtained and verifying sufficient funds are available.
- Accepts and processes all types of loan payments, credit card payments, and other related payments.
- Sells official checks & money orders. Redeems savings bonds.
- Issues approved cash advances on Bank accepted credit cards.
- Transfers funds between accounts.
- Prepares daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balances cash drawer accurately, quickly and efficiently on a daily basis.
- Prepares daily work for delivery to the Proof Department.
- Balances general ledger and demand deposit account to the paying and receiving function, e.g., Utilities, Savings Bonds, Official Checks, Money Orders, Coin, intern-bank accounts, etc.
- Prepares and reviews reports relating to the function, e.g. Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), Bank Secrecy Reports, etc.
- Maintains supplies and an awareness of Teller supply inventory control.
- Processes night deposit, mail deposit, ATM deposit and courier deposit transactions.
- Maintains an approved level of cash; sells excess cash and/or mutilated cash when appropriate. Verifies and wraps coin and/or currency for vault control purposes.
- Balance and/or service ATM machines when necessary.
- Participates and takes an active role in sales and cross-selling of products to achieve assigned goals; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to refer in conjunction with these needs.
- Provides direct service to customers with respect to deposit products and services; supplies pertinent information on other products and services, e.g., loans, trust, etc.
- Communicates with the Teller Supervisor, other unit supervisors, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate activities.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the unit as well as with other units and/or departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Provide safe deposit box service to customers.
- Works Saturdays and evenings as required; opens and close the branch as required.
- Reports pertinent information to the Teller Supervisor or immediate supervisor as requests, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed, and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other company personnel, etc. within given time frames and within established policy.
- Must meet standards as outlined in Client Experience Standards Program.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment that is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements; insures that the unit and all personnel adhere to the same.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Tompkins Financial Corporation is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.