** This is a remote opportunity, based in Berks County, PA. This position has a 100% commission based pay structure. **
Why Build a Future at Members 1st??
- Unmatched company culture – If there is one concept, we want you to understand about us, it is this. WE. It is a simple little word, but it means everything here. We think as one. One faM1ly. One Community. One place where everyone belongs. Everything we do is in the best interest of all of us.
- Competitive compensation
- Nationally recognized 401K, up to 10% employer contribution that helps our associates prepare for their futures
- Excellent benefits including Health Insurance as low as $5 per pay
- Our commitment to providing a healthy work/life balance?– to support all the other parts of life that are important to you!
- Strong commitment to our Members & Communities we serve?with a plethora of volunteer opportunities available.
- Strong commitment to our associates with our dedication to providing professional development, leadership training & coaching opportunities!
- Associate Resource Groups – namely, Women in Leadership and Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
The purpose of the Outside Sales Mortgage Originator position is to market Members 1st mortgage products and services to area realtors, brokers, builders and other potential referral sources and independently generates and pursues leads with the goal of selling and servicing referred members at a Members 1st FCU Branch, at their homes or places of business (or the referral source's place of business). This role has no budgetary responsibility, has limited supervision of work, and requires creative thinking to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Outside Sales Mortgage Originator is responsible for marketing mortgage products and services to realtors, brokers and builders, counseling members on available mortgage products, supporting mortgage application processing, promoting Members 1st and its services, and providing customer service to key stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, relationship building and management, generating referrals and continued business, attending realtor and builder meetings and functions, providing updates to realtors, brokers and builders on updates related to mortgage programs and rates, conducting loan interviews, and analyzing credit reports. This role also calculates applicant debt ratios, inputs application into mortgage software, partners with mortgage provider for locking rates, presents products and services to potential members, and refers members to key contacts for requires services outside of normal branch activity where applicable.
Region Specific Remote Opportunity
This is a 100% remote opportunity that may require you to attend in-person member meetings at a local branch or attend events within your assigned region.
- General and business knowledge equivalent to a high school diploma
- Required to register and maintain a unique identifier with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (“SAFE Act”). This must be renewed on an annual basis.
- Must also record any changes (name, address, or any outdated or inaccurate information) within 30 days with the NMLS Registry
- 2-3 years of related experience in mortgage lending, real estate and/or construction
- Established realtor/builder relationships in the Berks County market with a minimum of 2 years proven sales success
- Strong problem-solving, creative thinking and analytical skills
- Advanced communication, sales, and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial and training skills
- Solid skills and in-depth knowledge of mortgage lending theory and practice
- Effective knowledge
- Accountability and self-management
- Teamwork and leadership
- Innovation and problem-solving
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Visually able to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading
- Ability to sit for extended time periods
- Sufficient manual skill for operation of PC keyboard and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel, including occasional overnight travel
- Ability to exert minimum amounts of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects