Director of Government & Community Relations
Role & Responsibilities
Government & Public Relations
- Develop and maintain strong communications and relationships with elected officials and their staff at all levels, along with regional/state-affiliated organizations, chamber, and economic development associations, community leaders and other select professional and industry groups.
- Facilitate the Business and Community Advocacy Council and special Policy/Issues Committees to establish annual member-driven pro-business policy agenda and position statements.
- Actively engage members throughout the year conducting policy/issues discussions/forums with officials, community leaders, and issue experts to frame and present memberships' viewpoints and priorities. (Business & Community Advocacy Meetings and Advocacy & Community Leadership Series Forums).
- Work collaboratively with other organizations/associations to gather information, identify challenges and opportunities, and guide the development of bills and regulations.
- Maintain and update Business Advocacy presence of the GRCA website, including an interactive section to keep members informed and provide a tool to learn about their elected officials, pending legislation, and bill status and contacting elected/appointed officials.
- Act as spokesperson and provide position letters/testimony, respond to media inquiries, represent GRCA.
- Prepare content for Advocate (e-newsletter), articles in Commerce Quarterly, social media, news media, special campaigns/alerts and forums, and other media publications and outlets.
- Support member requests for local government interaction and facilitation (i.e. LERTA).
- Build effective networks and public/private partnerships with business, community, officials and professional associations that align with GRCA priorities and strategy. (i.e) Intercity Bus Taskforce, Transportation + Transit Priorities.
- Obtain sponsors for the Business and Community Advocacy Council.
- Facilitate meetings at local companies to bring together business leadership and legislative and local community representatives.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000