Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for The ReDCo Group!
The ReDCo Group, is one of the largest providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral/mental health and intellectual disabilities services in the state of Pennsylvania. At The ReDCo Group, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 700 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 9 counties in the state of Pennsylvania.
A person in this position functions under the working title of Licensed Practical Nurse when working in an ICF/ID or Medical Compliance Specialist in non-ICF/ID programs. Assignments are technical in nature and are performed under the supervision of the Director of Nursing. A person working in this position in an ICF/ID also is provided oversight by the Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional/Regional Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers medication in accordance with the physician's orders, under the supervision of the Director of Nursing.
- Provides direct care to residents by utilizing standard nursing techniques and following care plans.
- Observes, interprets, records, and reports those signs, symptoms and processes which indicate the residents' responses to actual or potential health problems.
- Provides health promotion and maintenance through teaching, guidance, and counseling the residents, families, and other members of staff.
- Participates in formal staff development program and continuing education program to enhance professional competence.
- Identifies actual and potential safety hazards within the assigned care area and takes appropriate action to eliminate them
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a State approved Licensed Practical Nursing course and possession of a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse as issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners.