Nursing Assistant - CNA
PT& FT 7-3 , 3-11 & 11-7
The Nursing Assistant provides resident care under the direction of the Charge Nurse and assists the nursing team in maintaining the nursing and resident units.
Nursing Assistants provide for the physical care and psychosocial needs of the residents. The Nursing Assistant treats residents with respect, maintains resident confidentiality and utilizes standard precautions at all times while carrying out assigned duties
- Provides personal care such as baths, showers, oral hygiene, hair care, skin care, nail care, monitoring
- intake and output, toileting, etc.
- Assists in serving and feeding residents.
- Assists with restorative nursing procedures: range of motion, transferring, positioning, etc.
- Assists the resident to the bathroom as necessary.
- Answers call lights promptly and provides or obtains the necessary care.
- Observes and reports unusual symptoms, changes, accidents, injuries and unusual behavior to the Charge Nurse.
- Applies and releases ordered restraints in a safe manner.
- Assists in moving, supporting, and transporting residents. Uses the resident lift when indicated to transfer residents.
- Encourages residents to participate in physical, social, and recreational activities.
- Assists in the maintenance of belongings and immediate environment of residents.
- Takes vital signs and reports any changes to the Charge Nurse.
- Records all aspects of personal care including bathing, food intake, ambulation activities, elimination, and vital signs.
- Completion of a state approved Nursing Assistant training and evaluation program.
- Must be a member in good standing of the Pennsylvania Department of Health Nursing Assistant Registry.
- Must have a Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) check without prohibitive offenses.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
HR Department Contact Information: Lyn Kitchenoff 610.376.4841 X 7401
Fill out application at: http://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/HR/Pages/EmploymentOpportunities.aspx