Berks Homes has been successfully building homes for over 40 years. One of our Core Values is to “Hire People, Passionate About Our Business.” This passion is what motivates us to be innovative and work hard to stay at the forefront of our industry. Our goal is to surround ourselves with people who feel the same way!
We are currently seeking a Director of Recruitment to join the team in our Mohnton, PA office.
The Director of Recruitment will be responsible for:
- Participating in the design and implementation of a strategic talent acquisition program that supports the growth of the Company while maintaining its culture and quality standards.
- Providing guidance to management and leadership by recommending new approaches, best practices, policies, and procedures to continually build a strong talent pipeline for current and future hiring needs of exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Conducting full life-cycle recruitment from posting through job offer.
- Serve as a member of the Human Resources Leadership Team and collaborate with other members to create business initiatives that will drive the continued success of the Company.
- Ensure the compliance of all internal and external federal, state, and local regulations concerning the recruitment and selection process and stay informed of any changes.
- Anticipate labor market changes and adjust accordingly to hiring trends.
- Source and attract candidates through traditional sourcing, social media, partnerships with industry associations, job fairs, trade schools, colleges, and job boards.
- Deliver analytical data related to the Company’s applicant pool and current employees to assess quality hiring and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Execute recruiting strategies as well as attrition and retention strategies.
- Maintain all departmental recruitment processes and make recommendations for enhancements and/or adjustments.
- Maintain job descriptions and ensure hiring managers are prepared to conduct fair and unbiased interviews through training and coaching.
- Demonstrate a leadership presence that builds relationships at all levels within and outside the Company.
- Collaborate with hiring managers, review resumes, conduct phone screens, schedule interviews, and extend job offers to maximize the effectiveness of the recruiting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR Management, or related course of study required.
- At least 5 years of direct exempt and non-exempt recruiting experience required. Candidates will have demonstrated experience of building recruiting functions or facilitating redesign of recruiting functions in prior roles. Recruitment experience in home building industry highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the company required.
- Strong emotional intelligence required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to manage time efficiently required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mohnton, PA 19540: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- For full consideration, what is your salary requirement?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Recruiting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office Products: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations