Supporting all aspects of the Development Department which includes developing relationships with donors and volunteers to create year-round engagement resulting in the conversion of volunteers to donors and donors to volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruit, train, manage and retain the volunteer program at Opportunity House which includes but not limited to community garden, learning center, cooking groups, day of help for special events, OppShop, warehouse
- Manage the cooking calendar for the shelter and work closely with the shelter staff to make sure their needs are met.
- Assists with special events including coordination, picking up donations, set up and tear down of events & attending event committee meetings which may require evenings or weekends.
- Attends community networking events and volunteer fairs
- Provides agency tours and public speaking presentations for the community (volunteers, groups, donors, etc.)
- Track volunteer profiles and hours worked up to date through the Volgistics system.
- Work closely with various community agencies including but not limited to the United Way, Berks Nature & Penn State Master Gardeners for service day opportunities like Day of Caring, MLK Jr. Day & our community garden program.
- Assists with some of the social media that relates to the Development Department
- Responsible for follow up including (not limited to) phone calls, mailings and email with individual volunteers and volunteer groups (business community, schools, religious groups and other as assigned)
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with all components of Microsoft Office
- Must show initiative, ability and willingness to maintain all aspects of donor database
- Ability to calculate figures
- Ability to write, read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to effectively present information both written and verbal as may be necessary
- Able to recognize and sustain confidentiality of information processed in normal course of daily activities
- Ability to communicate accurately and professionally with all levels of staff, volunteers and donors
- Must be flexible with work hours
- Must be able to work as a team
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be flexible in handling and juggling multiple projects
- Ability to identify priorities of projects/tasks
- Requires valid PA Driver’s License with good driving history. Occasional travel to local sites is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree, or relevant work experience, preferred but not required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) after 90 days
- Paid Holiday Time
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Childcare Tuition (max cost is $25/child per week)
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
- Simple IRA with company match
Opportunity House is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Salary: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour