Director of Finance
As a business leader to the Executive Director and other senior management, the Director of Finance provides financial leadership and primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all the financial-related activities of Abilities In Motion. The Director of Finance supports well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth and directing staff.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the effectiveness of fiscal functions and fiscal performance.
- Set and enforce all accounting policies and confirm adherence to USGAAP.
- Coordinate all forecasting and cash flow processes, providing recommendations and improvements as needed.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of all accounting systems and records.
- Develop credibility for the accounting/finance department by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, financial trends in order to assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in their job responsibilites.
- Manage the relationships between the Organizations Banking Partners and various Insurance Brokers/Agents.
- Ensure compliance with all banking requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a system for maintaining internal records.
- Establish and lead the annual budget process, as well as, provide management with ongoing review and feedback.
- Iniate the capture of KPIs and routinely monitor for their effectiveness for critical decision making.
- Provide strategic, financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization i.e. evalustaion of potential alliances or acquisitions and/or mergers and pension fund and investments
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local tax requirements and fillings.
- Identify efficiencies and areas of improvements in processes and organization of the accounting and finance function, as well as a plan for continued improvement of the effectiveness of the group and provide individuals with professional and personal growth.
- Manage potential risk to the organization and oversee all business insurance policies to ensure adequate coverage.
- Manage and ensure cash management policies are followed.
- Supervisory responsibilities are managing supervisors and hourly employees per the organization's guidelines.
- Must have a Bachelor's in Finance or Account
- Must have a CPA