GRCA Announces Nominees for Annual Building Berks Awards
Reading, PA – The Greater Reading Chamber Alliance (GRCA) has announced the nomination list for its annual Building Berks Awards & Expo.
The GRCA received 27 project nominations. These projects illustrate the growth in the construction and real estate industries as well as the outstanding companies headquartered in Berks that have facilitated this exceptional development. To be nominated, construction or renovation projects must have been completed between Jan. 1, 2018 and June 1, 2019.
“These projects represent the creativity and innovation of people working in our community,” said Deb Hefner, Greater Reading Chamber Alliance business outreach director. “We are thrilled to highlight the growth in the key industries of real estate and construction in our region. They are evidence of Greater Reading’s construction potential.”
Winners will be announced at the Building Berks Awards & Expo, to be held on Oct. 16, 2019, at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Reading. The GRCA will also host a trade expo prior to the event that will give builders, construction suppliers, architects, engineering firms, and real estate firms the opportunity to showcase their products and services.
The nominated projects are as follows in alphabetical order:
- 666 Tulpehocken Street
- American Crane & Equipment
- B2 Bistro + Bar
- Baer Church
- Barley Mow Craft Beer House
- Beer Wall on Penn
- Berks Catholic John R Post Learning Center
- Berks Community Health Center
- Carriage House Activities Center
- Crestmont Heritage
- Hillside Custom
- Hope Rescue Mission
- Muhlenberg School District Athletic Fields
- Muhlnenberg School District Blue Center
- Orthopaedic Associates of Reading
- Reading Hospital Pediatric Emergency Department
- Reading Regional Airport
- Redner's Fresh Market
- Seakeeper Complex
- Sinking Spring Ace Hardware
- The Metropolitan
- The Spine and Wellness Center
- Tom Masano Mercedes
- UGI Energy Services
- United Reading
- Yocum Institute
- Zahncroft Dairy
The nominations will be judged by an expert panel of Berks County’s leaders in their industries. Members include:
- Michael Kautter, Kautter & Kelley Architects
- Kirsten Deysher, Liberty Environmental
- Stephen Gieringer, Neighborhood Housing Services
- Renee Chesler, Glen-Gery
- Ann Moll, Gallen Insurance
- Ken Pick, Berks County Community Development
- Lee Olsen, Olsen Design Group
Sponsorship opportunities are now available, which include display tables at the event, program book ads, and tickets to the gala event, among other benefits.
Tickets are available for the event at https://bit.ly/2YTkqCf.
Further information regarding sponsorship benefits or the Oct. 16 event can be found at greaterreading.org/buildingberks; please contact Bethany Kirkner at 610-898-7779 for details.
ABOUT THE GREATER READING CHAMBER ALLIANCE: Our mission is to be Berks County’s leading unified resource for building a healthy, competitive business community. Our vision is to assist companies to retain, expand and grow their operations and employment and attract new business to Berks County.