Environmental Service Aide
Performs routine and unscheduled facility cleaning under general and direct supervision; does related work as required. Must comply with all Infection Control and safety guidelines. An employee in this class performs routine and manual cleaning tasks and is required to adhere to efficient performance with minimal supervision. This employee must have versatility and flexibility in order to coordinate and complete routine schedules or various tasks as assigned by management. Work is reviewed by inspection.
- Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas using the seven-step procedure as provided by Aramark training.
- Maintains the waste removal schedule according to the policy.
- Complies with all procedures in floor care and carpet care.
- Uses all power equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with operational procedures.
- Responds to emergency requests on an as needed basis.
- Utilizes all chemicals in a safe and efficient manner, using safety equipment when needed.
- Cleans and maintains equipment.
- Washes walls and cleans lights and vents as scheduled.
- Lifting and climbing is required on some assignments.
- Cleans wheelchairs and other assigned items.
- Maintains carpets and upholstered chairs.
- Deodorizes required areas and replenishes supplies.
- Empties trash containers.
- Cleans windows and window coverings.
- Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Cleans furniture and other assigned items.
- Maybe be assigned related duties at any time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Experience in janitorial preferred but not required. Training is available.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be 18 years of age. Ability to follow oral and written direction.
HR Department Contact Information: Lyn Kitchenoff 610.376.4841 X 7401
Fill out application at: http://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/HR/Pages/EmploymentOpportunities.aspx