Systems Engineer I
Job Title: Systems Engineer I
HonIsT Solutions is dedicated in providing customized IT infrastructure and communication solutions to small and medium sized businesses and operates as a Managed Service Provider (MSP).
Our slogan is "A Trusted Friend" and we try to create deep long-lasting relationships with our clients. The ideal candidate would be very personable and helpful. They would need to be trusted with maintaining the high standards HonIsT Solutions clients have come to expect.
The owner is seeking someone who will directly help him with everyday tasks of handling client needs.
This position is a mix between remote and on-site support work. HonIsT Solutions does not have an office work space area for employees to travel to. It is required that you have an at home work area for remote work with high speed internet. A valid driver’s license and reliable form of transportation is required to perform on-site work. The amount of travel will vary week to week. On average it will be 60% of the week, some weeks may be 0% or 100%. Clients are generally within 45 minutes of Reading PA. HonIsT Solutions will travel a maximum of 2 hours one way.
· Remote support utilizing remote support software
· On-Site support assisting users
· Active Directory user account creation, password resets, joining computers to the domain
· Office 365 user activation/deactivation, password resets
· Office 365 exchange admin center. Administration of shared mailboxes and distribution groups
· Configuring end user equipment and applications
· Troubleshooting end user hardware/software issues, work with vendors to diagnose and fix issues
· Install new user hardware – Desktops/laptops, monitors, keyboards/mice, scanners, headsets, phones, etc.
· Enter time and descriptions in Atera PSA system
· Inventory/Asset management tasks on client equipment
· Network documentation
· Data Entry
· Transfer data from current computers to new computers, sit with users to ensure all applications work as intended.
· Monitor Backup Solutions, remediate issues or escalate
· Monitor anti-virus, remediate issues or escalate
· Load old equipment from client offices into car and take to recycling centers
· High School Diploma
· 1 -3+ years prior job experience in the IT industry
· Proficient in MS Office suite, especially outlook.
· The ability to work independently and is self-driven to complete tasks, great time management skills.
· Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
· Friendly and customer service centric
· Detailed oriented
· Understanding of computers and operating systems
· Understanding of computer networks
· Valid driver’s license and reliable car
· U.S Citizen
· Pass background test
· A+ certification, Network+, Microsoft based certification – Required to have one of the three
Full-Time Salaried position expectations and benefits:
· Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM – 1-hour break (When traveling on-site you should arrive at the client between 8:30 – 9. Should not leave client location until 5:00 PM)
· After hours work: Scheduled in advance, does not happen often.
· Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
· 80 Hours Paid Time Off – 120 hours Paid Time off starting 5th year of employment – accrues every paycheck
· 40 Hours Sick Time – accrues every paycheck
· 401(k) – Eligible after 90-day introductory period
· Health insurance, disability insurance, and other welfare benefits – Eligible after 90-day introductory period – % of cost covered, not a company plan.
· Laptop and other tools to complete the job supplied
· Mileage reimbursement at the government set rate – tolls reimbursed
· $50/month cell phone reimbursement – if company phone is provided, this is waived.
· Certification reimbursement upon passing exam
· Pay Scale: Starting $39,000 - $42,000 based upon experience, education, and certifications.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org