Custom Processing Services provides contract manufacturing/toll processing services to a wide variety of industries. Specialized processes center on particle size reduction using several methods including jaw crushing, pulverizing, micronizing, and media milling. Additional services such as flash drying, surface treatments, blending, dispersing, and packaging are also available. The Processing Pros provide new product development assistance from R&D concepts through their commercialization. In addition to CPS's technical grade facilities, a state-of-the-art, dedicated building is available for cGMP processing.
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of manufacturing and facility machinery. The focus of the maintenance technician is to keep up with preventative maintenance tasks as well as accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Reading, PA: Weekend Nights: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, every other Monday, 7:00 pm to 7:00 am - shift differential applies
- East Greenville, PA: Weekend Days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and every other Monday, 5:00 am to 5:30 pm - shift differential applies
- Occasional On-call required
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair industrial machines and equipment which includes but is not limited to mills, blenders, conveyors, pulverize, and crushers.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on manufacturing and facility machinery.
- Troubleshoot, repair the mechanical components of PLCs, and collaborate with engineers on electrical and programmable PLC component issues
- Utilize CMMS to enter, review, and close demand work orders and preventative maintenance orders.
- Communicate downtime events, solutions, and lead times with the production team.
- Maintain a clean or organized working station and inventory of parts and tools
- Request quotes from multiple approved vendors, order parts upon approval, and inspect received parts for quality prior to installing
- Serve as a subject matter expert in all things maintenance and facilitate formal and on-the-job training as requested and/or required
- Comply with all safety protocols including but not limited to PPE, lockout/tag out, and confined spaces.
- Performing other similar duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Advanced Education from a Technical Training School (Electro-Mechanical Technology or Mechatronics) is preferred.
- Required advanced skills in one or more of the following areas: mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, air compressors, motors, and bearings
- Preferred skills: electrical (120 – 480V), controls PLC troubleshooting, and basic welding.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CMMS required; PLC programming software preferred
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Candidate must have manual dexterity for performing repairs.
- The ability to lift to 50 lbs. periodically is required.
- The ability to climb ladders and work from platforms is also required.
- Comfortability working in confined spaces, and a foundry-like environment that is not temperature controlled
- The employee must supply his/her own hand tools to perform maintenance tasks.
Why Choose CPS?
At Custom Processing Services, we offer a variety of career opportunities that allow for learning new skills, contributing to innovative solutions, and growing throughout the organization.
We are proud of the core values that help us strive for excellence on our team and for our customers, accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, safety, and teamwork.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay on a weekly pay schedule
- High-performance bonus incentives for most opportunities
- Unique work schedules that allow for work/life balance
- Career advancement program
- Exceptional Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available after 30 days of employment (with employer contribution)
- Employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account covering at least half of your Medical Insurance deductible depending on the deductible option you choose
- Access to a pre-tax, Flexible Spending Account for Healthcare and Dependent Care available after 30 days of employment
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance is available after 30 days of employment
- 10+ Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer match available after 6 months of employment
- Employee Assistance Program offers free services such as confidential counseling, legal, and financial services, will preparation, and wellness programs
- Continuing education and tuition reimbursement opportunities (20% off tuition at a local university!)
- Thanksgiving Turkey for you and your family to enjoy
- Fun events such as our Summer Picnic, Christmas Party, Manufacturing Day celebration, and more!
Equal Opportunity Employment:
CPS will not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, age disability, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any prohibited basis. This commitment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, and any term or condition of employment. All employment decisions will be made, and all personnel policies construed in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. All unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for Custom Processing Services.