Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials, a world leader in engineered thermoplastics, has an immediate opportunity for a Production Supervisor at our manufacturing facility in Reading.
The successful candidate will report to the Reading Production Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Develop safety culture within the Reading Operations where safety is a core value of all employees by using safety programs, awareness and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for all aspects of departmental safety:JSA’s, PBSA’s, Safety Training/Talks, 6S, Safety Audits, and Safety Huddles.
- Provide visible leadership during shift by personally monitoring manufacturing performance on the floor.
- Lead and coordinate production problem solving to achieve product quality and schedule attainment
- Execute daily production schedules
- Ensure M3 operation transactions (ERP) are accurate. Train operators on M3 and bar-coding transaction(s) to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate emergency, scheduled and preventative maintenance activities with the maintenance planner and production planner.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels on all shifts by assisting crews in filling vacancies in order to meet plant production and customer needs.
- Act as the communication link between on-shift resources and other plant personnel.
- Manage all aspects of department personnel including hiring, documentation, team building, employee records, employee performance, and performance reviews.
- Utilize performance improvement action methods when and where necessary to effect behavioral change per the employee handbook.
- Work with operations manager to develop training systems for new and existing employees and their specific job qualifications
- Ensure all quality standards and procedures are understood and followed.
- Assist in continuous improvement programs (process & quality) and customer complaint resolution by developing long term corrective actions using TPEM, 6S, DMAIC and Root Cause Analysis
We offer a safe and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits package.E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 14235, Reading, PA 19612-4235. We will only respond to candidates that meet the necessary requirements.
MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL ADVANCED MATERIAL INC.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V