DaBrian Marketing Group, LLC is a digital agency focused on providing solutions to businesses that want to obtain digital awareness, cultivate meaningful customer relationships, and develop innovative strategies that lead to valuable customer insights, higher return-on-investment (ROI), and a lower cost per sales.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing/graphic design/IT intern to join our team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. As a DaBrian Marketing Group intern, you will collaborate on digital marketing campaigns. Your contributions will help maintain, develop, and expand our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire real-world design/program skills and provide you with a practical introduction to web design. You will gain broad experience in marketing and will be prepared to enter a fast-paced work environment at a digital marketing agency, portfolio in hand.
The GD/IT Intern’s primary function is to assist the Creative Director with various tasks. This includes providing web support for clients, answering questions, monitoring websites, and keeping websites live. The GD/IT Intern must ensure a positive online experience for all users of the DaBrian Marketing Group client's website. The GD/IT Intern is also tasked with ensuring the website meets performance requirements and will contribute to client websites while competently providing support and maintenance to those sites.
- Update content and hyperlinks
- Resize images in WordPress, HubSpot and Shopify
- Make changes to existing creative or graphic design based on brand guidlines using Adobe Creative Suite
- Create sitemap and wireframes
- Set up website templates
- Update software, themes, and plugins to provide website security
- Make updates to the DNS to launch a website
- Implement 301 redirects, repair 404s
- Implement embedded code with styling
- Implement Robot.txt files
- Troubleshoot technical issues pertaining to crawling and indexing content
- Make website and graphic design recommendations based on client goals and feedback
Interns do not need to have all of the qualifications or experience listed below, but a willingness to learn and apply this learning is essential. The ideal GD/IT Intern will meet the following criteria:
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, PHP, XML
- Understanding of A Records, CNAME Records, MX records, and DNS
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS), security, modules or plugins, etc.
- Two years of IT and/or Graphic Design coursework
- Familiarity with hosting
- Talented in graphic design
- Experience with WordPress, HubSpot, Adobe Creative Suite, Shopify, Robot.txt, WPMU Dev, Elementor, and Google Workspace, Defender Pro, Forminator Pro, Smushit Pro, Smartcrawl Pro is a plus
Sophomore, junior or senior year level of Information Systems, Graphic Design or equivalent degree program preferred.
Local Candidates ONLY. This is an on-premises opportunity.
Due to the nature of not only working in the agency space but also working for a company that prides itself on its incredibly intelligent team, all applications for this position must be accompanied by a writing sample. The writing sample should be an executive summary of your thoughts on digital marketing & advertising. The writing sample should be uploaded with your resume. Additionally, please provide a link to your online design portfolio.
- Internships require 12-16 hours per week and last for 12-16 weeks
- Flexible work schedule
- Letter of recommendation will be provided along with the ability to learn valuable digital marketing and design skills.
- Content for student portfolio
- Paid (Stipend)
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.