GRCA Townhall : Establishing a Vaccine Strategy for Your Business
Establishing a Vaccine Strategy for Your Business
Information about the COVID vaccine and distribution changes daily, but there are steps you can take today to prepare yourself and your business for the future. Join GRCA with Tower Health Reading Hospital, Penn State Health St. Joseph, and Berks County Medical Society to discuss vaccine updates and education. We will also be hosting Leisawitz Heller to address issues surrounding mandating employee vaccination.
Dr. Jeffrey Held, Vice President of Medical Affairs, Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center
Dr. Debra Powell, Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases, Tower Health Medical Group
Dr. Mary Kelleher, Family Medicine Specialist, Berks Community Health Center will discuss:
- What businesses can be doing to promote the vaccine to their employees now;
- How businesses can plan for when upcoming rounds open with ways to connect employees with providers;
- Clinical aspects of COVID-19, its prevention and treatment;
- Clinical information on COVID-19 vaccines, how they work, safety and efficacy, side effects, dispelling misinformation, etc.;
- Distribution efforts, in accordance with DOH guidelines, and our early experience in supporting broader community vaccine administration.
GRCA member Leisawitz Heller with Kevin Moore, Chair of Labor & Employment Practice Group, and Member of SHRM Chapter 179-Berks County, as a representative on behalf of Human Resources and Legal Counsel will discuss:
- Mandating vaccination of employees with possible liability concerns
- Other issues businesses need to plan for including granting adequate time off for vaccine recovery