Big Brothers Big Sisters of Berks County, PA
- Non-profit Organizations
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Berks County, PA, is committed to providing quality mentoring services to at-risk youth ages 8-19 all across Berks County (kids primarily from single-parent households). Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. We accomplish our mission through professionally directed mentoring programs utilizing carefully screened & trained volunteers.
We currently have four (4) mentoring programs in operation…which are provided FREE-OF-CHARGE to our Little(s) and their families:
- the One-To-One program, which is our cornerstone program
- COUL (the Club Of Unmatched Littles), a group-mentoring program for Littles awaiting a One-To-One match
- Teen Program, for Little 13 years of age or older
- SMART (Students & Mentors Achieving Results Together), our school-based program
In 2016, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Berks County, PA, provided nearly 17,000 mentoring program service hours to about 250 Berks County youth.
- BBBS of Berks County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1968.
- We provide mentoring services to children facing adversity in Berks County...FREE-OF-CHARGE.
- We focus on providing mentoring services for children from single-parent households.
- Children served range in age from 8 to 19 (applications for new Littles taken up to and including age 15).
- We are a partner agency of the United Way of Berks County and an affiliate of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Whom to Contact
- Jim SmithExecutive Director
Located in the Centre Park Historic District section of the City of Reading...on Windsor Street between Centre Avenue and 5th Street.