Big Brothers Big Sisters of Berks County, PA
- Non-profit Organizations
Every child deserves a chance to see their potential realized. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Berks County, PA, defends that potential and helps change lives and futures today and forever. Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships to ignite the power and promise of youth. Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential. We partner with parents/guardians, volunteers, and others and hold ourselves accountable for each child in our agency achieving: higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships; avoidance of risky behaviors; and educational success.
We currently have four (4) mentoring programs in operation…which are provided FREE-OF-CHARGE to our Little(s) and their families:
- the One-To-One program, which is our cornerstone program
- COUL (the Club Of Unmatched Littles), a group-mentoring program for Littles awaiting a One-To-One match
- Teen Program, for Little 13 years of age or older
- SMART (Students & Mentors Achieving Results Together), our school-based program
In 2019, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Berks County, PA, provided nearly 15,500 mentoring program service hours to about 250 Berks County youth.
- BBBS of Berks County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1968.
- We provide mentoring services to children facing adversity in Berks County...FREE-OF-CHARGE.
- We focus on providing mentoring services for children from single-parent households.
- Children served range in age from 8 to 19 (applications for new Littles taken up to and including age 15).
- We are a partner agency of the United Way of Berks County and an affiliate of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Whom to Contact
- Jim SmithExecutive Director
Located in the Centre Park Historic District section of the City of Reading...on Windsor Street between Centre Avenue and 5th Street.