Reading Area Community College
- Schools - Universities & Colleges
Reading Area Community College (RACC) is an accredited, comprehensive, open-enrollment education institution that provides the following: Associate degree, Certificate and Diploma Programs; career-focused training; transitional coursework; skills training for business and industry; personal enrichment programs and public service activities. Sponsored by Berks County, the College provides affordable access to meet identified community educational needs.
Students from every age, race, religion and many different countries throughout the world choose to study here. Those who are seeking degrees at the college are attracted to programs like nursing, respiratory care, criminal justice and business. Other people pursue individual courses to brush up on a skill or interest, or pursue certification in a variety of subjects. The Community Education/Workforce Development division offers programs like dental assisting, home health aide, veterinary assisting and GED preparation.
The College plays an important part in the business community as well. The Schmidt Training and Technology Center provides training in senior leadership, manufacturing technology, information technology, workplace readiness and workplace literacy. RACC also partners with other community organizations to enhance the economic vitality of the city and county.
Whom to Contact
- Suzanne ChristieTutoring coordinator
- Ken DearstyneSenior VP of Finance & Admin Services
- Dave HessenDirector of Marketing & Communications
- Kay LitmanDean of Enrollment Management
- Michael NagelVP & Exec Dir of Foundation for RACC
- Cindy SeamanDean of Instruction
- Cathleen StephenDirector, Miller Center for the Arts
- Sandy StrauseExecutive Administrative Assistant to the President